At Playzone Lincoln Ltd Trading as ‘Big Fun Hull’, we are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected and never misused.
1. What information is being collected?
We will only ask for or collect the personal information we need to provide and improve the service, products and experiences our customers expect. You may share with us: your name, address, email address, contact number and payment information.
2. Who is collecting it?
Playzone Lincoln ltd (REG NO 04251835) is the data controller for the personal data. A data controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data. Our registered address is 53 Links Lane, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire PO9 6AF.
3. How is it collected?
Personal data may be collected in one or more of the following ways:
• When you register for newsletters
• Your use of social media platforms on which we have a presence
• When you make a credit or debit card payment
• When you contact us through the website
• When you communicate with us through email or on the phone
• When you pay online for services (not currently available)
Other Data collected
• CCTV data is recorded and viewed by those members of staff who have access to the system and our outside provider and maintenance company. CCTV footage may also be shared with other parties if necessary for us to comply with UK/EU Legislation.
4. Why is it being collected?
The primary legal basis for processing your personal data is contractual, to allow us to carry out the business transactions agreed between you and Playzone Lincoln Ltd. In addition we may also process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest in carrying out marketing activities and developing new products or services.
5. How will it be used?
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to provide and improve the service and experiences that you expect from us. We use the information you share with us in the following ways:
• To respond to queries and requests
• To communicate with you e.g. to send you offers and information
• To provide services and support for our events.
• As long as you’re happy for us to do so, to tell you about services.
• To allow us to improve your experience through customer satisfaction surveys
• CCTV data regarding your whereabouts onsite, should you visit our premises
6. Who will it be shared with?
We will also share your personal information if we are required to do so by law.
7. How long is it kept?
9. How your personal data is protected
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We use appropriate technical and organisational measures, including encryption, to protect your personal information and privacy, and review those regularly. We protect your personal information using a combination of physical and IT security controls, including access controls that restrict and manage the way in which your personal information and data is processed, managed and handled. We also ensure that our staff are adequately trained in protecting your personal information.
10. How can you change the way we contact you about our products?
You can change the way that we contact you in the following ways:
Opt-In/Start Contacting Me
If you hadn’t previously asked us to send you marketing communications, you can ask us to start contacting you (sometimes called an “opt-in”) by:
• Contacting us via email or phone and stating that you would like to receive communications from us
• Sign up to one of our newsletters via our website or social media pages
Changing your preferences
If you have previously said that you would like us to contact you (“opted-in”) but would like to change or update the way that we do so, you can update your preferences by:
• Contacting us via email or phone and stating that you would like to change or update the way that we contact you
• Editing your preferences via the link on our email correspondence (on all marketing and support communications)
Opt-Out/Stop Contacting Me
If you want to stop receiving marketing communications from us (sometimes called “opting out”), you can do so at any time by:
• Contacting us on 01482 441441 stating that you no longer wish to receive such communications
• Using the unsubscribe option included in all our email correspondence (on all marketing and support communications)
• Emailing us on [email protected]
11. Your rights
You have the right to access, update and amend personal information that we hold about you. You can also:
• Object to our use of your personal information for certain purposes
• Ask us to limit or restrict our use of your personal information
• Ask us to remove or delete personal information about you
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, please email [email protected]
Please note that ,as this is new legislation, it may take slightly longer for requests to be fulfilled during the initial period after the start date of 25th May 2018. If you are not satisfied with our response to your request, you also have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner in the UK. https://ico.org.uk/